For more information, you can contact us directly on WhatsApp by clicking on the button below
Dentistry is considered one of the most popular university majors in the world because it is witnessing a high demand by students aspiring to a prosperous future, as dentists enjoy a prominent position in human societies. People started treating teeth 3000 years ago and the pharaohs used primitive tools for this purpose, but the major of Dentistry began to appear in modern universities at the beginning of the twentieth century, achieving wide spread in universities around the world.
Dentistry is witnessing development every day in various aspects such as Orthodontics, Periodontics, Endodontic Treatment, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Pediatric Dentistry, and others.
The student who dreams of studying Dentistry must possess the qualities of intelligence, diligence and creativity.
Importance of Dentistry:
Dentistry is one of the most important branches of medicine spread in our time, as it is the major that searches for diseases affecting the mouth, gums and teeth. It also works to find appropriate treatments and discover modern methods that alleviate people’s pain, in addition to solving congenital dental defects that affect the patient’s appearance.
As a result of the great development that Dentistry has witnessed, the urgent need of human societies for dentists, and the branches that have recently emerged, dentists have become one of the main pillars in human societies because they enjoy a prominent social position, high income, and most of all, they represent a great humanitarian profession.
Students of the Faculty of Dentistry study for five years, and they study a varied curriculum that includes hundreds of experiences and researches that give them the information and practical experiences necessary to practice their profession.
- First year: Introduction to Medical Sciences – Public Health – Dental Anatomy – Biological Organization – Molecules and Cells – General Histology.
- Second year: Preventive dentistry – Nervous System – Reproductive System – Metabolism – Blood Vessels – Introduction to Dental Prostheses – Respiratory System – Introduction to Biology – Cardiology – Dental Tissue.
- Third year: Dental Partials – Facial Orthopedic Surgery – Advanced Endodontic Treatments – Periodontology – Pediatric Dentistry – Prosthodontics – Oral Surgery – Anesthesiology.
- Fourth year: Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology – Oral and Periodontal Surgery – Oral and Dental Surgery – Oral Disease Diagnosis – Periodontal Treatment – Endodontic Treatment – Prosthodontics – Orthodontics.
- Fifth year: Treatment of Oral and Maxillofacial Tumors – Dental Implant – Advanced Dental Prostheses – Diagnosis of Oral and Maxillofacial Diseases – Dental Practice – Practice of Cosmetic Dentistry – Practice of Periodontal Surgery.
Dentists work not only in private clinics, but they can occupy many prestigious jobs such as:
- Private and Government Hospitals.
- Plastic Surgery Centers.
- Research Centers and Laboratories.
- Dental Insurance Companies.
- Dental Clinics.
With the great development witnessed by the field of dentistry, and the urgent need of human societies for dentists, and the newly emerged branches of the specialty of dentistry, the dentist has become one of the mainstays in human societies, and he has a prestigious social status, high material income, and most of all his description That he has a great humanitarian profession.