For more information, you can contact us directly on WhatsApp by clicking on the button below
Energy Systems Engineering
Energy is not only the basic component of economic and social development but is also necessary for the sustainability of life. Production, cycle and transport technologies in the energy sector are developing at an unbelievable pace.
The Energy Systems Engineering Program, which has been newly founded in the light of these developments, aims to educate engineers who can produce new solutions in this field together with the ability to plan and manage energy production and consumption, who are qualified to work in the fields of energy sustainability, minimization of losses, new source and management systems, and who comprehend environmental and economic problems.
The Energy Systems Engineering major covers sciences such as mathematics, physics, mechanics, and environmental sciences. Energy Systems Engineering aims to research basic energy resources, design and implement renewable and sustainable energy projects such as solar energy, wind energy and water through the exploitation of natural resources in the production of electricity.
Energy Systems Engineering students’ study four years in Turkish universities, which are among the best in the world.
Importance of Energy Systems Engineering:
People depend on energy and its sources, perhaps the most important of which is electricity, which has become the mainstay of life. The importance of Energy Systems Engineering lies in the establishment of major projects and the design of generators that supply electricity needed in all aspects of life.
Energy Systems Engineers are active in most aspects of life, such as the industrial, health, and service sectors, and contribute to preserving the safety of the environment. Therefore, they enjoy a prominent social status and a high income.
All universities in the world attach great importance to the Energy Systems Engineering major because of its positive impact in all areas of life.
Energy Systems Engineering Curriculum:
Energy Systems Engineering includes a group of diverse scientific courses that establish the student in general engineering science, then proceed to specialize more in the higher years.
Some subjects may differ from one university to another, and this is an example of the basic subjects taught in this major:
- First year: Introduction to Energy Systems Engineering – General Chemistry – Communication Skills and Academic Reports – General Physics – Calculus – Non-Technical Aspects of Engineering – Linear Algebra.
- Second year: Electrical Engineering Principles – Thermodynamics – Introduction to Fluid Mechanics – Differential Equations – Introduction to Programming – Fuel and Combustion – Heat and Mass Transfer – Energy Economics – Energy Systems.
- Third year: Electromechanical Energy Conversion – Alternative and Renewable Energy System – Analysis of Dynamic Systems – Energy Transmission and Distribution – Electronic Energy and Control Systems – Nuclear Energy – Summer Training.
- Fourth year: Energy Efficiency and Environment – Experimental Design of Energy Systems – Alternative and Renewable Energy System – Occupational Health and Safety – Electrical Distribution Systems – Summer Training – Graduation Project.
Energy Systems Engineering Career Fields:
Energy Systems Engineering engineers can work in the following sectors:
- Power Generation Plants.
- Solar Thermal Power Stations.
- Electricity Establishments.
- Renewable Energy Power Generation.
- Nuclear Power Plants.
Energy Systems Engineering is one of the relatively new disciplines that has entered universities and has become a destination for creative students who enjoy a high level of intelligence and creativity, and their studies in the discipline of systems and energy engineering continue for four years in Turkish universities, which are considered one of the best universities in the world.