For more information, you can contact us directly on WhatsApp by clicking on the button below
Mechanical Engineering is one of the most diverse and versatile engineering fields. Mechanical Engineering is the study of objects and systems in motion. As such, the field of Mechanical Engineering touches virtually every aspect of modern life, including the human body, a highly complex machine.
Since the Industrial Revolution in Europe in the 18th century, mechanics has witnessed great development and continuous advancement, which led to the emergence of various departments and sciences, including Power Mechanical Engineering, Design and Production Engineering, Automotive Engineering, Mechatronics Engineering, Space Engineering and Medical Engineering.
The role of Mechanical engineers is to take a product from an idea to the marketplace. To accomplish this, the mechanical engineers must be able to determine the forces and thermal environment that a product, its parts, or its subsystems will encounter; design them for functionality, aesthetics, and durability; and determine the best manufacturing approach that will ensure operation without failure.
Mechanical Engineering major is the cornerstone of most international and Turkish universities, which are distinguished by offering the Mechanical Engineering major with modern scientific teaching methods. Mechanical Engineering students study for four years at leading Turkish universities in this field.
Importance of Mechanical Engineering:
Mechanical Engineering is one of the most important university majors. Without it, there would be no engines, elevators, electrical machines, cars, and even air-conditioning machines. Mechanical engineering is also involved in many other technological industries, such as manufacturing refrigerators, airplanes, energy production, war weapons, space industries and many other industries. The Mechanical Engineering major is witnessing a great turnout by creative young people who dream of a bright future and a prominent social position. In addition, most universities give great importance to the Mechanical Engineering major and work to develop it to meet the needs of the labor market.
Mechanical engineers play key roles in a wide range of industries including automotive, aerospace, biotechnology, computers, electronics, microelectromechanical systems, energy conversion, robotics and automation, and manufacturing.
Mechanical Engineering Curriculum:
Students study various sciences that help them become familiar with various aspects of life. Some subjects may differ from one university to another, and here we present the most important basic science subjects for the Mechanical Engineering major:
- First year: Mathematics – Physics – Kinesiology – Static Science – Engineering Measuring Instruments – Control – Mechanics of Materials – Principles of Engineering Drawing – General Chemistry – Heat Transfer – Mechanical Vibration.
- Second year: Thermodynamics – Manufacturing Process – Differential Equations – Principles of Electrical Engineering – Machine Design – Heating, Ventilating and Air Conditioning – Machine Dynamics – Mechanical Drawing – Engineering Mathematics.
- Third year: Dynamics and Control – Mathematical Applications in Mechanical Engineering – Mechanization Elements – Fluid Mechanics – Mechanical Vibration – Computer Engineering Design – Solar Energy.
- Fourth year: Descriptive Engineering – Machine theory – Mechanics of Solids – Computer and Programming Applications – Environmental Sciences – Engineering Economics -Engineering Measurements and Engineering and Industrial Legislation.
Mechanical engineers can work in the following public and private sectors:
- Heating and Cooling Companies.
- Heavy Equipment Factories.
- Arms Industry.
- Research Centers.
- Aviation Industry.
- Engineering Offices and Contracting Companies.
The mechanical engineering major is the cornerstone of most international universities in general and Turkish in particular, which is characterized by the provision of the mechanical engineering major with modern scientific methods and distinguished teaching methods. The student studies the mechanical engineering major for four years at the bachelor’s stage.