The doctor’s humanitarian mission and the prominent position in human societies made the major of Medicine one of the most attractive majors for creative students in the world. It is also considered one of the most important professions providing job opportunities in all parts of the world. Moreover, it is the supreme profession that benefits people and saves them in crises because doctors are the first refuge for humanity to get rid of pain.
Medicine is one of the oldest scientific majors and has witnessed great development over the ages. In recent years, it has made great leaps in terms of research methods, disease diagnosis and treatment methods, which made it easier for doctors to work and eased patients ’pain.
The doctor’s tasks vary between diagnosing diseases, treating patients, providing medical advice, research and analysis, and performing surgical operations. In short, medicine is the first human major.
importance of Medicine:
The importance Medicine stems from the fact that it directly affects the lives of people, as the increase in the average human life in countries is linked to the development of medicine, the number of doctors, their skills, and the health care system in each country.
The development of medicine and the tendency to specialize in the modern era has made Medicine majors divided into several branches, including General Medicine, Neurology, Dermatology, Orthopedics, Gastroenterology, Urology, Gynecology, Pediatrics and others.
The diligence of doctors and their keeping abreast of everything new in their specialties makes them at the highest levels of society because they occupy jobs that serve humanity, thus achieving excellent income that provides them with a decent life.
Students study for six years at the Faculty of Medicine, from which the student will gain scientific and practical experience that enables him to practice his profession.
- First year: Introduction to Medicine – Biochemistry – Organic Chemistry – Medical Biology – Medical Ethics – Statistics.
- Second year: Anatomy – Physiology – Histology – Embryology – Biochemistry – Pharmacology Introduction.
- Third year: Pathology and Diagnosis – Radiology – Immunology – Parasitology – Pharmacology – Physiological Dysfunction.
- Fourth year: heart diseases – Infectious diseases – Neurology – Hematology – Digestive diseases – Chest and respiratory Diseases.
- Fifth Year: Obstetrics and Gynecology – Bones and Joints – Pediatrics – Urology and Kidneys – Endocrinology and Diabetes – Neurological Diseases – Joints.
- Sixth year: Ophthalmology – Skin Diseases – Epidemiology – Forensic Medicine – Emergency Medicine – ENT Diseases.
Medicine and Business world:
Medicine is one of the most sought-after university majors due to society’s need for doctors. A doctor can find an excellent job opportunity in:
- Health Centers.
- Laboratories and Research Centers.