For more information, you can contact us directly on WhatsApp by clicking on the button below
The astonishment that strikes us when seeing the pyramids of Egypt, Burj Khalifa, Taj Mahal, and other amazing buildings, is the product of creativity in the field of Architectural Engineering.
Architectural Engineering, also known as Building Engineering or Architecture Engineering, is an engineering discipline that deals with the technological aspects and multi-disciplinary approach to planning, design, construction and operation of buildings, such as analysis and integrated design of environmental systems (energy conservation, HVAC, plumbing, lighting, fire protection, electrical power systems), structural systems, properties of building components and materials, and construction management.
People practiced architecture for a long time, and with the development of life, people began to develop this field, which is the first and basic pillar of human civilizations, until it reached the highest levels of progress and modernity in our era.
Architectural Engineering is one of the best university majors in Turkey, where students graduate after four years with academic information and practical experience that will help them practice this profession.
Importance of Architectural Engineering:
The importance of Architectural Engineering is evident in the design, planning and construction of buildings and facilities such as hospitals, schools, universities, places of worship, airports, and many other facilities. Architectural engineering is considered the keyword in the emergence and survival of human civilizations. Therefore, architects represent the human value and high position in society.
International universities in general and Turkish universities in particular attach great importance to Architectural Engineering for its great role in the urban renaissance of countries. Students flock to study Architectural Engineering to contribute to building the civilizations of their nations and achieving a bright future and a prosperous life.
Architectural Engineering Curriculum:
Students study a range of different scientific courses that contain a range of engineering sciences, design and planning. Some subjects may differ from one university to another, and these are some basic Architectural Engineering subjects:
- First year: Introduction to Architecture – Design Principles – Engineering Design – Architectural Drawing – Representation Techniques in Architecture – Engineering Systems – Building Law – History of Art and Architecture – Heritage Protection.
- Second year: Training in Construction Techniques and Design – Building Materials and Techniques – History of Architecture – Architectural Design – Architectural Lighting Theory and Design – Structural Analysis in Architecture.
- Third year: Designing Environmentally Friendly Buildings – History of Cities – Introduction to Urban Design – Light in Buildings – Electricity in Buildings – Architectural Acoustics – Computer Design – Photography.
- Fourth Year: Selected Topics in Design – Professional Practice Management – Professional Law – Construction Management – Building Management – Difference between History and Theory of Architecture – Difference between Architecture and Arts.
- Architects can work in the following sectors:
- Construction Companies.
- Engineering Offices.
- Implementation of Projects.
- Project Planning and Coordination.
- Architectural Research.
International universities in general, and Turkish universities in particular, attach great importance to the specialization of architecture engineering, due to its great role in the renaissance of mankind and the building of great monuments, and the strong demand of young people to study the specialization of architecture to contribute to the construction of the civilizations of their nations, and to achieve a bright future and a prosperous life for them.