With the continuous medical development and the advancement of health awareness among individuals and societies and the continuation of health institutions in searching for the best medical services and providing the best health care in terms of quality, efficiency and safety, the major of Health Institutions Management has emerged.
Health Institutions Management specializes in combining several sciences, including Public Health Science, Management Science, Community Medicine science, and Information System. Health Institutions Management aims to solve the problems that the health sector suffers from, develop performance in the work of medical facilities, and create real leaders with academic experience and high competence to manage hospitals and medical services centers.
Health Institutions Management is witnessing a great interest from Turkish universities, due to the increasing demand for it by young people who want a bright future and aspire to be in the leadership of medical institutions.
The duration of study in Health Institutions Management is four years and the graduate holds the title of Health Director and takes his place at the top of the hierarchy of the medical sector.
The importance of Health Institutions Management:
When the graduates took over the leadership of medical institutions, the health and economic situation in hospitals changed in terms of organization and administration, and the interest in patients and the health care provided to them improved to great degrees and reached the highest levels of sophistication, as the presence of good health services became linked to the existence of good health management.
With the increasing need for Health Institutions Management, the presence of the health director has become one of the most important cadres of health institutions, so success in these institutions has become linked to the presence of a successful health director, and hence graduates of the Health Institutions Management major have a prominent position in human societies where the health director combines in his profession between humanitarian work and higher income.
Health Institutions Management Curriculum:
The Health Institutions Management major includes different scientific courses that surround all the sciences covered by the health management major, and the academic content of the Health Institutions Management major varies from one university to another, but it is consistent in providing the following basic materials.
- First year: Health Terms – Fundamentals of Economics and Management Concepts – Introduction to Health Care Management – Information Technology – Business Mathematics in Health Institutions.
- Second year: Health Economics – Infection Control – Contemporary Issues in Hospital Management – Financial management for Health Insurance – Accounting in Health Facilities – Biostatistics – Introduction to Marketing.
- Third year: Organizational Behavior Skills – Health Policy and Management – Financial Management – Health management Information Systems – Environmental Health – Advanced Health Care Management – Macroeconomics – First aid.
- Fourth year: Human Resources Management – Epidemiology – Quality Management in Health Services – Health Sociology – Communication Management in Health Care Organizations – Disaster Management – Field Training in Hospitals.
Health Institutions Management and the Labor Market:
The Health Institutions Management major is witnessing a great development and remarkable popularity in the local and international labor market, and a graduate in this specialty can occupy the most important jobs in various sectors and health institutions.
- Public and private hospitals, healthcare centers.
- Healthcare Insurance departments of Social Security Administration.
- Private Healthcare Institutions.
- Nursing homes.